Friday, October 5, 2012

Tutorial - Handmade Flower

Hi there, it is Cec here and I have a mini tutorial created by Renee to go along with a card she had created for the challenge last week.

Her email to me originally got lost in cyber-space and then when I did get it, I didn't read it carefully enough and thought it was for the challenge being posted tomorrow so I owe her one giant apology since I didn't include her card in the challenge posting and I am only posting the tutorial today.

Now on to her tutorial. Here is what Renee sent me - enjoy.


Here is my card and today I'm going to show you how to make the handmade flower. This is as much a lesson in materials as it is in how to make it.

My materials I've used were practically free. The white tulle was purchased at JoAnn Fabrics from their scrap bin for less than a $1. Both the pink and white felt are scraps and the white circles that I folded were free. They came in a package I ordered as packing material.  Always be on the lookout for what you can use. You never know where you might find something really useful.


My first step was to cut lots of flowers in several different sizes. I used a Spellbinders nested set for this


Next, I layered them folding some of the pieces to give the flower more dimension.  Once you know how you want it layered just glue the layers together.  I used a hot glue gun.


There are literally endless possibilities for flowers when you make them yourself.  You can match them to anything you're making and choose your own size.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. plastic packaging manufacturer

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.